Monday, June 18, 2007

US / Canada Border Problem (6/15)

I had some problems when crossing from the United States into Canada on June 15 Due to "suspicious contents" found on my laptop computer, brought along for both GPS mapping and internet (email). I was detained and subsequently arrested. I spent about 6 hours at the facility, most of that time in a holding cell (aka: "Jail") in Windsor.

It was not until a special investigator scrutinized my laptop and all contents and deemed there was "nothing there" that was illegal. After this terrifying and seemingly un-fair wait, I was released and apologized to and continued on to my destination, with no more than frustration and a 6-hour delay.



The interesting details on how this unfolded can be seen by clicking the link to it provided below ...

http://www.sky-chaser.com/america.htm

No comments: