Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Long Island NY (9/25)

Any hint on what the picture below is? Where is it? This is central Long Island, New York, viewed from an altitude of about 23,000 feet on a warm and clear Indian Summer day. The importance of this place is that it's where I grew up, went to school, and lived until I was 16 years old. If you look closely, you can make out a small lake just below the center of the image, that's Lake Ronkonkoma, and my surrounding home-town.



Flying gives one a whole new perspective on our world and where we live. Whether you are an avid pilot, or weary traveler, the view outside the window on that delayed flight just might give you a whole new way one can look at (and appreciate) our world miles below. I have a large collection of flying footage and pictures. You can click the link below to check out my section on flying ...

http://www.sky-chaser.com/flying.htm

No comments: