Monday, April 13, 2009

Shuttle Launch From Airliner (3/15)

I had a unique opportunity on a return flight from Chicago, Illinois (to Fort Lauderdale, Florida) on March 15, 2009 (at about 7:45 PM EDT). I always bring my cameras on every flight - and get a window seat - for a good reason! In the pictures above, space shuttle Discovery takes to the sky about 80 miles east of my flight path (between Tampa and Orlando, Florida at an altitude of 38,000 feet).



The setting sun (and dusk terminator provides a dramatic effect on the smoke plume) ... You can check out this as well as many others in my FLYING section of my web site by clicking the link provided for it below ...

http://www.sky-chaser.com/flying.htm

1 comment:

JHMARKETING said...

Wow you got very lucky I watch it from my house on the other side of Florida,in Englewood,on the Gulf.I have gone there before for a launch and its something everyone should see once in their life.Do you mind if I post your story on my NASA blog,I'll add credit to you with your link?If so write me at jamieinenglewood@gmail.com to view my nasa blog go to this link http://nasaorbit.blogspot.com Thanks Jamie