Friday, April 02, 2010

South FL Severe Storms (3/29)

Some severe thunderstorms affected the south Florida (Fort Lauderdale and Miami) area during the early morning of Monday, March 29, 2010. A strong EF-0 tornado affected the area of Oakland Park, FL during the morning "rush hour" and after that, the small HP supercell storms moved offshore and produced waterspouts.



One of the supercell storms, with a wall cloud and funnel / possible waterspout (center) appears in the left image above as the storm was moving offshore northeast of Miami Beach. Driving in south Florida during this weather was a nightmare, and I myself was rear-ended by a careless driver after the brief storm chase. Minimal damage was done to my vehicle, but the same cannot be said for the driver (to the right in the image above) involved in another accident near I-75 (the driver escaped with injuries but their car rolled over).

You can also jump right to the chase log and pictures for this (and many other events) by visiting the MAIN CHASE LOG in my STORM CHASING area on my web site. The link to jump right to this area is also provided below.

http://www.sky-chaser.com/stplog4.htm

No comments: