Monday, September 18, 2006

Saint Louis Derecho In July 2006

I am currently working on a computer programming / IT contract in the Saint Louis, Missouri area from July 3, 2006 through the next 6 months (possibly until November 2006 or as long as through January 2007, depending on the project length). This places me on the edge of Tornado Alley! I still have my original Florida place as well so right now I am literally in TWO residences.


There was a series of extremely severe thunderstorms during the week of July 18, 19, and 21 in the Saint Louis, Missouri area. One such storm was particularly strong on the 19th of July which took a direct hit on the city with winds over 90 MPH and then again on July 21. Power was knocked out to nearly a half a million people with extensive tree and building damage.

You can see a report on this event by clicking the link below...

http://www.sky-chaser.com/mwcl2006.htm

No comments: